I have over 20 years of broad R&D experience – from managing the R&D in a startup environment to developing enterprise solutions in HP labs and leading R&D teams in the Israeli Navy Computer Center. I have worked in many areas, including Computer Vision, databases, web development, 2D/3D graphics and image/video processing. I’ve worked with big clients such as Disney, Sears & L’Oréal. I build 3D printers and quadcotpers, I teach 3D modeling and 3D printer (among other subjects) and I’ve done hardware-software integration and robotics. I bring with me acute analytical skills, system-wide vision, experience with clients and know-how in R&D work methodologies.
2016 – current : Packet39
Founder and CTO of Packet39 – a team of professional software developers and academics, working together to provide software & hardware solutions. Packet39 thrives in the space between code and the physical world and develops solutions that sense, manipulate and move around in the environment.
Imagin8 is a Toronto based startup company that develops technologies for interactive projections and displays using cameras and image processing. People can interact with Imagin8’s products with touch, movement or gestures. Imagin8’s products are mainly used for out-of-home advertising, information kiosks and promotional events. I designed and implemented most of Imagin8’s products and software infrastructure. I recruited developers and managed the R&D team. I had a key part in creating a self-sustaining startup company, with large scale international clients.
- Worked with tier one clients (such as Disney, Sears, ) and created interactive content that took part in global
- marketing campaigns and was installed in major airports and malls worldwide.
- Developed algorithms for detecting touch and finger tips using cameras and a specially designed display.
- Designed and implemented a multi-touch application engine running under XNA for 2D and 3D user interface.
- Developed algorithms for detecting people and gestures using 3D time-of-flight cameras.
- Built a web-based management product that remotely controls and monitors many distributed systems.
- Managed and directed a team of developers, graphic designers and technicians.
- Image processing using C++, OpenCV and EMGU
- 3D and 2D applications using XNA and WPF
- C# and .Net 4.0 with Multitouch framework
- Native Mobile development (iPhone and Android)
- Cross-platform mobile development (PhoneGAP, Mono, MonoGames)
- Web platforms (Angular.JS, Node.JS, ASP.net)
EyeClick is a startup company that specializes in interactive games, using projectors and body movements. I was the first developer in EyeClick and I recruited and managed the R&D team. I developed core components of EyeClick’s software infrastructure. EyeClick now has over 20 employees and worldwide sales.
- Created a self-funding startup company with 3M$ annual revenue and over 20 employees.
- Developed algorithms for detecting movement and gestures in camera video streams, one of which was patented and accepted.
- Designed and implemented an extensive 2D engine under OpenGL that allows easy and fast development of complex interactive graphical applications and games.
- Created a very successful 8-meter-wide multi-projection interactive wall that was exhibited in the GE pavilion at the 2008 Beijing Olympics. This was the largest pavilion in the Olympic village and attracted over 70k visitors.
- Managed a team of 4 engineers.
- Image processing using C++ and OpenCV
- 3D and 2D applications using C++ and OpenGL
- C# and ASP.Net
- 2D using Silverlight 2.0 and Flash AS3
With guidance and supervision of Prof. Ronen Basri I developed an algorithm for extrapolating 3D information from a 2D image.
- Matlab, Multigrid, ANN
Mercury interactive (acquired by HP) develops tools to software testing, project management and application monitoring for large organizations. I was part of the development team for Topaz, a product that allows real-time load measurement and monitoring of large scale web applications.
- Developed complex server-side modules enabling the user to create their own reporting system.
- Worked with clients to understand needs and improve the product.
- Created an extensive Database abstraction layer to achieve DB vendor independence.
- Designed and developed the SLA module of the Topaz product, including web reports and server-side logic.
- Java, JSP, Oracle and SQL Server
iBetcha was a startup company that developed and operated a gaming website. Players could bet on the outcome of world events or created their own bets. Betting was done with points that could be traded for prizes.
- Managed two development teams, total of 8 developers.
- Designed and created a complex, dynamic and fast-changing website, with over 50k unique users per day.
During my military service I took part in developing several database driven systems that serviced the Israeli Navy.
- Managed a team of 2 developers.
- Developed high-security and highly reliable software for use in war time or naval field exercises.
- Developed communication and data-mining applications that were used by high ranking personnel across the Navy.
2004 – 2005 : Courses in Image processing and Computer Vision, Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel.
1998 – 2004 : B.Sc. in Computer Science at the Open University, Israel.